The following is the process of becoming an Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) member:
1. Determine The membership category that applies to your organization
Read the Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) constitution which states the types of membership categories available. Download the constitution from the link below:
2. Application to Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) for Membership
Fill-in The Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) Membership forms by collecting them from the AAK office or downloading them from the link shown below.
3. Review of Application by Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK)
The Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) secretariat reviews the documents presented by the applicant to ensure they are in order and properly submitted.
4. Circulation of Application to members
Once the documents have been reviewed the applicant’s details are forwarded to all members for approval and input to determine if the applicant will be approved.
5. If No Objection From The Members – Applicant is invited for interview
If No objection is received from the members the applicant is invited for an interview at the Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) offices.
6. Recommendation for Application is forwarded to Executive Committee
If the interview is successful the application for membership is forwarded to the Executive committee of the Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) for final approval
7. Applicant is informed of outcome of the application
The applicant is informed of the outcome of the application to join Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) whether the application was successful or not.
Benefits of Joining AAK Membership
- The Association has developed the AAK logo as a mark of quality and those having the AAK logo on their products are taken to be supplying quality products.
- International Code of Conduct – members follow the code of conduct on distribution and sale of pesticides which the industry uses for self- regulation. Through the code, AAK highlights the best practices of member companies, responsible use and implementation of sustainable development principles for the industry.
- Knowledge sharing and networking – this is achieved through events organized for members including luncheons, annual dinners, breakfast meetings, where members come together to share information, ideas, and opportunities to interact with members from different companies in the industry.
- Committees and taskforces – members have the opportunity to participate in the Association’s committees, task forces and working groups, where they can receive the latest information on areas of interest, have the opportunity to suggest new topics and assist in drafting the common positions adopted by the Association.
- AAK is also a member of CropLife International giving an opportunity to local members to be part of the International Agrochemical Industry.
- Issues of management and policy guidance including Economic impacts, government regulations and societal expectations, AAK helps companies follow developments and form appropriate responses.
- The Agrochemicals Association of Kenya acts as a forum where members discuss and agree on issues that affect the industry. The issues once agreed upon are regularly presented to the government for actions.
- Through the medium of the Executive Committee the Association provides an agency for liaison with government and others on all matters of mutual interest.
- The Association directs represents the interests of the members at the Pest Control Product Board.
- The Association protects and furthers the common interests of its members where these are concerned with the manufacturer, formulation, importation and distribution of pesticides.
- It represents concerns of the industry to the government for development of legislation and regulations.
- Training which is a core function of the Agrochemicals Association of Kenya helps in responsible use of pesticides that leads to:
- Safe food
- Safe environment
- Export of produce
- Horticultural crop growers meeting the market standard for produce
- AAK helps in the development of the incineration facility to assist horticultural crops growers meet the export standards in Europe.