The Agrochemicals Association of Kenya(AAK) is the umbrella organization in Kenya for manufacturers, formulators, repackers, importers, distributors, farmers and users of pest control products. The association was started in 1958 and is affiliated to the global Agrochem industry as CropLife Kenya.
One of the major objectives of the association is the provision of public education concerning the safe use of pesticides. This objective is achieved through trainings which target both farmers and professionals in the agricultural sector. The association in collaboration with partners is also running the Spray Service Provider training programme which aims at professionalizing the spraying function in small scale farms.
As part of the efforts to achieve national coverage, AAK is seeking out 15 candidates to be recruited as part time trainers for the association. The candidates will be offered a 5 day Trainer of Trainers (ToT) course after which they will be engaged to cascade the trainings to farmers/stockists’/SSPs on a needs basis.
Ideally, the candidates will possess the following skills/ qualifications.
– Possess a minimum qualification of a degree in an agricultural related field.
– Should have undergone through prior training(s) on pesticide use/IPM
– Have practical experience of farming practices in Kenya especially in relation to pest management.
– Possess extensive experience as a trainer of adults.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills (in English and Kiswahili)
The training is set for 20th February, 2017 at a venue to be communicated to successful candidates. All trainees will be registered with the National Industrial Training Institute (NITA) as accredited AAK/CropLife Kenya trainers and Master trainers.