Job Title: Regulatory and Advocacy Manager
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Overall Scope of The Role
Established in 1958, The Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) is the umbrella organization for manufacturers, importers, formulator’s, distributors and users of pesticides in Kenya.
AAK seeks an outstanding candidate with demonstrated skills and experience in issue management and advocacy relevant to the industry with understanding of the dynamics (social, cultural, political, and economic environments) that affect the industry. The Regulatory and Advocacy Manager will engage with regional and national organizations (Government, and Non-Governmental) seeking dialogue on current topics critical to the industry.
Applicants must have excellent networking and interpersonal skills; excellent writing and presentations skills; a keen understanding of regional and national policy processes and ability to think strategically; the skills to work autonomously as well as in a team environment; the ability to prioritize and manage parallel work streams; the ability to travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and manage the overall Regulatory and Advocacy activities of AAK by proposing, initiating and guiding regulatory advocacy activities for and on behalf of the industry and where appropriate engage with partners in multi-stakeholder projects.
- Participate in networks, forums or platforms for leveraging resources and enabling conversation on emerging issues both locally and globally.
- To represent AAK on regulatory matters internally and externally to relevant stakeholders interacting with the industry.
- To lead communication to stakeholders, be able to craft effective messaging and develop creative communication tools to support outreach
- Be the regulatory expert and industry trainer for capacity building in regulatory matters.
- Develop concepts and proposals for funding and work closely with funding organizations by facilitating collaborations and linkages with key players/stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Social and Environmental sciences, or related subjects.
- Solid knowledge and experience in pesticide regulatory matters, preferably acquired through minimum 5 – 10 years of respective industry experience.
- Experience in advocacy, lobbying and policy formulation especially with government agencies.
- Strong networking and advocacy skills with specific linkages to both Government and Non-Governmental organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in fund raising and resource mobilization.
- Proven ability to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams, to prioritize tasks and deal promptly with urgent issues.
- Oral and written communication skills including the ability to write concise reports.
Engagement and Benefits
- The job will be rewarded competitively.
- The engagement offers interesting and longer term development options.
How to Apply
Applications to be sent on or before 10 August 2018 by 5.00 p.m to:
Chief Executive Officer
Agrochemicals Association of Kenya