Please note Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) is undertaking recruitment of a field coordinator for The SSP Project. The deadline for receiving applications is on 29th July 2016. Below attached is the detailed job advertisement notice.
Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) and SNV are about to enter into a joint Spray Service Provider (SSP) training project in 6 counties of Kenya. The project will run from August 2016 to November 2017. As part of implementation, the project will need the services of a field coordinator who is expected to fill the position by Early August, 2016.
Education and experience requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Agriculture or a related field.
- Proven experience in agricultural field work including direct interaction with farmers.
- Excellent computer application skills.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Coordinate SSP activities in the 6 counties
- Liaise with AAK and county agricultural extension staff in identification and recruitment of potential spray service provider Trainer of Trainers (T.o.T’s)
- Liaise with AAK and County agricultural extension staff in organization of farmer meetings and barazas
- Write regular progress reports on spray service providers training activities at the county level.
- Act as the contact person for AAK on the ground during surveys, monitoring visits and any other field activities.
- Keep accurate records of all field activities and finances advanced to him/her
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the project manager.