Agrochemicals Association of Kenya /CropLife Kenya (AAK/CLK) announces recruitment of the positions of field SSP project coordinator. The candidate(s) shall form part of a team to implement a joint Spray Service Provider (SSP) training project in 6 counties of Western Kenya. The project will run from August 2021 to July 2022.
The role of the field coordinator shall be to offer on the ground support for implementation of the project. The coordinator shall be in constant touch with all key stakeholders and act in a manner to support stakeholder linkages, SSP coaching and mentoring and data collection on SSP activities.
The job description for the post is as follows:
- Under direction of the national coordinator, liaise with County Agricultural extension staff and stakeholders in identification, interviewing and recruitment of potential Spray Service Providers.
- Coordinate SSP training activities in the prescribed county(s).
- Liaise with stakeholders and County Agricultural extension staff in organization of farmer meetings, barazasand other interactions with farmers on the use of SSP services and responsible pesticide use.
- Write regular progress reports on Spray Service Providers activities at the county level.
- Act as the contact person for AAK on the ground during surveys, monitoring visits and any other field activities.
- Keep accurate records of all field activities and finances advanced to him/her.
- Create linkages with agro inputs value chain actors and other players to accelerate adoption of SSP.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the project manager.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
Education and experience requirements:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Agriculture (or a related field) or a Diploma in Agriculture with over 3 years field experience.
- Proven experience in agricultural field work which includes direct interaction with farmers and farmer organizations.
- Excellent computer application skills.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Previous work with USAID projects shall be an added advantage.
- Experience with Pest Control Products shall be desirable.
- Excellent communication.
- Innovative with commercial acumen.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Adaptable to a dynamic working environment.
- Partnership /alliance building skills.
- Project management skills.
Candidates to forward their C.V’s and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6th August, 2021