PR & Communication Officer
Description: The role requires a passionate candidate to manage public relations and communication for the association. The individual should have great content writing skills and have the ability, a great story teller and leverages various digital channels to distribute content while creating impact and influence within the industry.
Established in 1958, AAK is the umbrella organization for manufacturers, distributors, and users of Pest Control Products (PCPs) in Kenya. Our organization advocate for the sustainable provision of crop protection , provision of a suitable regulatory environment and education of key users on Responsible use of PCP’s.
AAK is seeking to recruit a PR & Communication Officer well versed with content creation and digital marketing skills. The PR & Communication Officer will be responsible for implementation of AAK’s integrated communications strategy. The officer will approach this role with an inclusion lens, keeping in mind the diversity of our members, partners, and stakeholders in addition to our core values, which communicate our philosophy of sustainable high quality food production, environmental sustainability, and health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Daily media and digital monitoring for relevant industry issues
● Provide monthly communication and coverage reports and measuring the PR value within an acceptable ROI.
● Liaise with members for joint and synchronized communication.
● Maintain the association’s branding guide.
● Promote AAK & it’s partners to create positive strong visibility, good public image, and good public relations.
● Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key media houses to promote AAK’s profile and visibility.
● Identify and facilitate opportunities for AAK to regularly feature in the media.
● Provide support to staff in design and production of training and communication materials.
● Any other duties as may be assigned by the CEO.
KEY COMPETENCIES/JOB SPECIFICATION
Education and Training
A Diploma in PR, Mass Media & Communications. A Bachelor’s Degree in the same field is an added advantage. Professional training is an added advantage.
Knowledge, skills, and attributes
i. At least 1 years’ experience in a busy communications function
ii. Knowledge in website and Social Media Management
iii. Experience in digital content creation
iv. Basic graphic design skills and experience with creating basic animations and infographics
v. Exceptional verbal, editing and writing skills with experience in media research.
vi. Organizational and time management skills
vii. Confident, and analytical content creator
viii. Excellent interviewing, writing and storytelling skills. Able to unpack complex information to produce user-friendly content
ix. Must be proficient in computer skills and applications of contemporary ICT tools and software.
To Apply: If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details on or before -16th December 2022 To Send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject being ‘PR and Communications Officer’